While I love this blog, I now pretty much only write on my other two blogs: BirdingBlogs.com and 10,000 Birds - I would love to see you there!

Monday 5 October 2009

Grossglockner National Park, Austria

I spent the latter part of last week and the weekend in Pörtschach am Wörtersee in Carinthia (Kärnten) - that's the next state across from us to the southeast - at the Tagung der TOG (Deutsche Ornithologen Gesellschaft). I suppose one could translate that as the Congress of the German Ornithologists' Society.

That was pretty cool, and I will post about it during the week, but now I most want to talk about the stunning drive home.

I took a route back through the Grossglockner National Park, an alpine wonderland with tons to experience. Stopping along the road, I went for a walk to soak in the beauty.




Here's a young Golden Eagle that came to keep me company



Happy birding!
Dale Forbes

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Dale,
Wow gosh a golden eagle! Well done mate.. I'd like to see one for sure, these are so big!!!

Good luck with your work load!

Sharon said...

Wow, wow and wow! Beautiful!