While I love this blog, I now pretty much only write on my other two blogs: BirdingBlogs.com and 10,000 Birds - I would love to see you there!

Friday 1 August 2008

Digiscoping Birds on La Costa Brava, Spain II

So, not so much luck lately, but here are some digiscoping photos of birds from the last few days:

Some more fun with the purple gallinules

Our local scops owl (Olga) on our porch


Cattle egrets were everywhere in South Africa but I have not seen to many here in Europe so I could not pass up the opportunity to take a photo of them. Besides, the Great Reed Warblers were more intent on calling from deep within the reeds (always out of sight) and the kingfishers always seemed to be landing just the other side of a reed stem or branch.


Does anyone know what this is? I presume it is a planet (Jupiter?) with a few moons around it.

Happy birding
Dale Forbes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi dale,
you're right it is jupiter with 4 of its moons. We have seen it too in august at the ringingstation in hohenau.
by the way, nie site, awesome digiscope-pics.

greets from vienna - heinzi