While I love this blog, I now pretty much only write on my other two blogs: BirdingBlogs.com and 10,000 Birds - I would love to see you there!

Thursday 14 August 2008

Digiscoping birds on the Spanish Costa Brava

Well, in the end I managed to get photos of 75 species of birds in the three weeks I was on the Costa Brava. It was interesting how some days, try as I might, I just couldnt get any decent photos and was presented with very few opportunities. But then on other days, new species were just falling out of the trees all about me.

I probably had the most fun of all trying to photograph the fast-flying birds - the swifts and the swallows. In the end I managed to get some half-decent swallow and swift pics.

Pallid Swift


Black Swift


Barn Swallow



I was lucky enough to still be around when the front rim of the return migration happened. Suddenly from one day to the next, there were Curlew Sandpipers, Dunlins, Spotted Redshanks, Little Stints and all sorts of other little wonders twittering about the wetlands.

Curlew Sandpiper


Greenshank


more photos and some stories in my next post...

happy birding
dale forbes

No comments: