While I love this blog, I now pretty much only write on my other two blogs: BirdingBlogs.com and 10,000 Birds - I would love to see you there!

Thursday 9 April 2009

The Black Kites are back!


Black Kite, originally uploaded by Sergey Yeliseev.

I saw my first Black Kite of the year this afternoon [here], a Black Kite doing what Black Kites do, scan the highways and country roads looking for roadkill. Well, that and probably also scouring the rapidly greening fields and pastures for spring beetles and other yummy edibles. I looked back at my older blog posts and it seems I saw my first Black Kite last year on almost exactly the same day - 8 April 2008.

It is good to see an old friend again.

The photo is from Sergey Yeliseev - I really like this guys's flickr photostream and hope to meet up with him some day...

I also heard my first Willow Warbler of the year, singing alongside a Short-toed Treecreeper - both in downtown Schwaz, Tirol.


Happy birding
Dale

1 comment:

Wai Yien said...

this is a good shot, i like this one