While I love this blog, I now pretty much only write on my other two blogs: BirdingBlogs.com and 10,000 Birds - I would love to see you there!

Wednesday 1 April 2009

April fool's and wildlife

Being the first day of April, I thought I would add something along that theme. Last year, BBC produced a wonderful April Fool's video on migrating and flying penguins. This - for me - was an absolute classic and was so well made.



This morning I eagerly took myself off to youtube to see what they had come up with this year. only to be thoroughly disappointed with the "shark whale" thing they put together. the "financial crisis" has obviously had an effect on creative and "unnecessary" spending over at the BBC. Oh well, I will have to make do with watching last year's again.

This morning I stopped in at Baggersee to see if there were any exciting ducks about. Nothing.
But I did see my first chifchaf of the year, and a lightning blue Common Kingfisher lit up my day ;-)

Happy April!
Dale

No comments: