While I love this blog, I now pretty much only write on my other two blogs: BirdingBlogs.com and 10,000 Birds - I would love to see you there!

Friday 18 December 2009

Digiscoping website

Anyone who has spent any time on my blog knows that I am somewhat obsessed with digiscoping and birds. oh, and wildlife. along that line, we have just launched a brand new digiscoping website:


with tons and tons of information (and some photos and videos, naturally).

The major sections are:
Principles - what is digiscoping?
Benefits and special features of digiscoping
Digiscoping Tips & Tricks - everything from basic digiscoping "getting started" to in-depth digiscoping knowledge
Digiscoping cameras - how, why, what, when, considerations...
Digiscoping equipment - everything you may be wondering about what you need and why
Digiscoping FAQ's - what is aperture; what is my focal length; and lots lots more

We worked really hard at it, and it will hopefully be very useful for lots and lots of budding digiscopers out there...

Here is a stunning picture from my blogger friend Kevin Bolton of a Short-billed Dowitcher. This was one of the winning images in the BirdChick section of Digiscoper of the Year 2009. Congrats Kevin!


It is -10°C outside but the sun is shining on the snow, and I really have to get out and go take some photos! Work can wait till tomorrow ;-)

Happy digiscoping,
Dale Forbes

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Dale,
wow even if we got negative temperatures, you still have worse weather than we do, only -4°c today!!! beautiful pictures of your friend! Have a nice week end.

Gaelyn said...

Have fun playing in the snow. Should be up into the 50s here today under the sun.