While I love this blog, I now pretty much only write on my other two blogs: BirdingBlogs.com and 10,000 Birds - I would love to see you there!

Saturday 23 May 2009

Steppe Tulips in Kazakhstan

Driving through the steppes, every now and again, we would come across these enormous stretches of beautiful wild flowers. These wild tulips were my favorite. Evidently, the steppes of Kazakhstan are a centre of tulip biodiversity.





BirdChick would kill me if she saw this photo. But then again, she is unlikely to see it, so I think I am safe ;-)

Happy birding
Dale

5 comments:

Gwynn said...

Hi Dale, Looks like a great place to visit, great pictures and I love the flowers far bettter than my garden!

Dale Forbes said...

Hi Gwynn, Kazakhstan was wonderful - the wide open spaces with noone, and the unexpected fields of wild tulips.... aaah...

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

What a beautiful field of wild tulips. They come in such lovely colours. It reminds me a bit of Namaquland in September.

Sharon said...

Sounds like you will enjoy sharing your recent photos for many many weeks to come. I'm looking forward to that. These wild tulips are sure breathtaking!
I really don't think Bird Chick would mind if she saw this photo...it's pretty cute:)
Thanks again for your great blog!

2sweetnsaxy said...

What a treat and a joy to see those wild like that. That first one is such a beautiful color. Great shots!
:-)